…help get your 5 a day at Christmas with sweet butternut squash
- 1 butternut squash, deseeded, cut in quarters lengthways
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1/2tsp ground all spice
- 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp coriander leaves, to finish
- 4tbsp natural yoghurt, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Using your hands spread the rapeseed oil evenly over the butternut squash quarters.
- Place the butternut squash quarters onto a roasting tray, skin side down. Place into the oven for 35 minutes until the skin has a nice colour and the flesh is soft
- In a bowl mix together the tomato puree, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground all spice, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon and ground ginger plus a pinch of salt. Add a drizzle of oil to help you spread!
- Using a pastry brush, brush the spice rub over the butternut squash and return to the oven for 10 minutes
- Allow to the squash to cool slightly before sprinkling over fresh coriander leaves and a generous spoon of natural yoghurt